Israel will examine reports of the mass burial of Egyptian soldiers during the 1967 Middle East war, the North African country said.
The burial of dozens of Egyptian soldiers during the 1967 war in an unmarked mass grave west of Jerusalem has been stated by accounts of people last week in Israeli media.
On Sunday, Egyptian President Abdel-Fattah el-Sisi received a phone call from caretaker Israeli Prime Minister Yair Lapid, during which they agreed that the Israeli authorities would conduct “a full and transparent probe” into Israeli press reports about the mass burial of soldiers in 1967, the Egyptian Presidency said.
In order to reach the truth, Lapid stressed that the Israeli side would positively and transparently deal with this issue and would communicate and coordinate with the Egyptian authorities on developments, according to the statement.
Furthermore, “to examine the issue in depth and to update Egyptian officials,” the prime minister directed his military secretary, Lapid’s office expressed.