A response from the US to an EU-drafted plan to salvage the 2015 nuclear deal was received, Iran said on Wednesday.
Tehran is making a “detailed review” of the US response, which was received through EU coordinator Josep Borrell, Iranian Foreign Ministry spokesperson Nasser Kanaani said.
He stated that Iran will offer its comments on the US response through the EU coordinator after “carefully studying it.”
Without providing further details, US government officials also confirmed on Wednesday that the response to Iran’s comments on the EU-drafted plan had been sent.
Marked by multiple interruptions, talks between Iran and world powers to revive the 2015 nuclear deal have been underway since April last year.
A new draft proposal was presented after the latest round of talks in Vienna earlier this month by Borrell, the EU foreign policy chief and the coordinator of indirect talks between Tehran and Washington.
A week after the talks ended in Vienna, Iran filed its response to the EU proposal on August 15.